Are an all-natural ceremonial incense traditionally burned in Native American rituals such as sweat lodges. Increasingly, doctors, therapists, and body workers are discovering the beneficial aspects of these herbs. Smudge Bundles are one of the means by which people around the globe are reconnecting with the power of Mother Earth.
- Start by taking a match and striking it against the box to create a fire.
- Holding the smudge stick in your free hand, let the fire catch hold for about 30 seconds.
- Dispose of the match stick.
- The herbs should start producing smoke now.
- With your other hand, hold the smudging bowl and purify yourself by fanning the smoke all over your body.
- Then, walk around the room you want to cleanse. Go from corner to corner and let the smoke fill the room.
- Do not for once drop your intention for smudging. Do not be distracted!
- Every time cinder forms, allow it to drop in the smudging bowl.
- Once you feel like you’ve sufficiently cleansed yourself and the place, extinguish fire of the smudge stick by stubbing it against the bottom of the bowl (although it is best to finish the whole stick.)
- Let the ashes cool and then put them back to the Earth. Give thanks to the Earth for the plants that you used.
Smudging the right way is to cross the barrier that separates us from the spiritual realm and successfully communicate with the Divine to let them work their magick through us.